St. Andrew’s Church
14260 Old Cutler Road
Palmetto Bay, Florida 33158
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
· The Choir Director will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust and inspiring music program in accordance with the liturgical and worship tradition of the Episcopal Church.
· A major component of the job will be to prepare music and lead the choir at Sunday Worship Services.
Other responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Cultivate congregational singing as a vital part of our music ministry.
· Foster and coordinate a volunteer and professional choir, with weekly rehearsals.
· Work with the clergy and lay leaders to organize special services and music programs.
· Plan and choose service music with the rector.
· Lead worship music in an artful way from a spiritually prepared heart that boosts both the choir. and congregation in their faith.
· Encouraging musical interest in the congregation.
· Encourage music as worship.
· Administer music library and budget.
· Oversee hospitality for other choirs, recitalists, or chamber artists using church space.
· Serve as the first point of contact for any questions related to the parish music programs.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Music.
· Knowledge of the Episcopal liturgy and worship would be considered advantageous.
· Experience with developing church choirs, both volunteer and professional.
· Extensive organizational and planning skills.
· Earnest desire to build a long-term ministry of music program from the ground up.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups and individuals, including clergy, staff, and parishioners of various ages, as well as other local organizations and professionals.
· This is a part-time position. Salary is approximately $13,500.